Sunday, March 9, 2014

A Week of Rest and a 5K

I have had a sinus infection for about a week now. Antibiotics and all. I have taken a full week off from the gym, something I never do. And, on Saturday, I ran my first timed 5K. I am finally feeling better and will be back at the gym tomorrow. Which I am excited about because I start getting depressed if cut down on my 6 hours a week of working out.
 

Even with not working out all week and the sinus infection, I still ran the 5K in 37 minutes! Go me! I will hopefully be doing more races as the summer comes and can improve upon that time. I was just happy I finished. I seriously have so much respect for runners. It's such a mental game. I am slowly learning that and know that once I can get in my own head, my running will improve.

So, sorry for the lack of blog yesterday. I gave myself an out to just enjoy the beautiful weather...Weather Channel is saying more snow this week...and with that I say - Go home Weather Channel, you're drunk...

xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment