Thursday, January 2, 2014

Throw Back Thursday - Superhero Edition

After going through my previous blog posts, I realized I never blogged about Cy's Superhero First Birthday Bash! So, since it's Thursday and I love me a good #tbt I will take the time to do it now.

I don't really remember how the superhero idea came about, but I know that 2013 was the year of Disney as we took a vacation there in October. So I know I didn't want it to be Disney themed since the whole rest of the year was. I did, however, stick with a black, white and red color scheme. Which is also the color scheme of Cy's nursery.

 
Disclaimer - He never wore those shoes. The Mister and I bought them with hopes that he would rock those kicks like a cool kid. But as with any shoes for the boy (except his tried and true Stride Rites) he usually grows out of them before I remember to have him wear them. Though, they made for a great table decoration!
 
 
#BirthdayTable
 
Details - I made all of the kid's favors with red popcorn boxes (Oriental Trading), chevron tissue paper (Hobby Lobby), clear cellophane bags (Hobby Lobby) and tied them all together with red tulle (Wal-Mart). Inside of the favors were fake mustaches and bubbles. The cupcakes and cake were from The Cupcakerie. And I got the invitation off of Etsy. I made all of the super hero masks (and by made I mean just cut them up) with heavy duty felt (Hobby Lobby). They are hanging on a metal clothes line/art work display line that I got from Ikea. I can't find it on their website right now, but they have them all over the store. I also made the mini chalkboard with directions from one of my favorite bloggers Dixie Delights.
 
In the silver bowl on the end of the table were the "adult favors." Or, kryptonite.
 
 
#Kryptonite
 
Those were super easy to make and all the adults without kids (and, if I am being honest the ones with kids too) loved them.
 
We also had a photo booth. Which now that I look back on it should have been labeled as such. Because not many people took photos in front of it and I am assuming it was because no one knew what it was. Oh well, you live you learn..
 

 
I also put The Mister to work for this party. Surprise Surprise! He constructed this drink/paper goods station with directions from a blog I found on where else? Pinterest!
 


 
 
#DIY
 
It worked perfectly! I wanted to make the birthday table pretty and not have the paper goods making everything cramped. It definitely did its job.
 
I can't believe this was already 4 months ago. Time sure does fly. And, looking at the warm weather pictures and seeing everything green makes me miss the August weather. Especially when I am currently snowed in!
 
#tbt
 

No comments :

Post a Comment