Monday, January 13, 2014

Golden Globes 2014

Award show season is always a favorite. Between the football and the weather, award shows always give me a much needed excitement boost for the spring and for spring Fashion Week. I watched some of the red carpet and all of the actual show. Which is a first for me, I usually just watch the red carpet for the fashion. But of course, I am just as obsessed with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler as everyone else so of course I tuned in for the show. Which was absolutely hilarious and so brilliantly done. Those two are ratings gold.

Now, let's talk fashion. We'll start with our hosts...

I lovvvedd Amy's Stella McCartney red carpet dress. I have to say, gurl looks good after her divorce and she is bringing it.

Jason Merritt/Staff

Tina in custom Carolina Herrera on the other hand..Yeah, I didn't love this. She definitely made up for it though with the dress she wore during the show. 

Jason Merritt/Staff


And of course Amy looked fab in another Stella dress during the show as well!

Best/Worst Dressed

Top 3 - Best - 

Reese Witherspoon

Jason Merritt/Staff

Everything about this look is AMAZING. Her body is so sick. Her hair is perf...and that Calvin Klein dress! UGH. It's just so good.

Lupita Nyong'o

Jason Merritt/Staff

One word - Perfection.
 #swoon

And of course, Cate Blanchett

Jason Merritt/Staff

Cate looks absolutely STUNNING in Armani Prive. The back of this dress is even better than the front. She is such a fashionista and I always look forward to seeing what she pulls out every show!

Runner Up (Best) - Sofia Vergara


I love that she went for a more princess-y feel this time. She is usually very va va voom (which I love) in her dress choices so this is a nice little change. And the necklace is MAJ.

Okay, now for the top three Worst..

Berenice Bejo (Giambattista Valli)

Jason Merritt/Staff

This dress did not fit her and she does not look comfortable in it. It is literally swallowing her..

Paula Patton 

Jason Merritt/Staff

Whoever told Paula to wear this dress needs to be fired. She could not even walk in it and it is way too short. In this picture is looks a LITTLE better than it did on stage. But it's still pretty unforgivable.

Lena Dunham (Zac Posen)

Jason Merritt/Staff

I will say that this is better than what we saw her in at The People's Choice awards. But not by much....I don't love the fit and I think the color is off. I have a feeling people are going to disagree with me, but I just don't think she has ever really hit it out of the park fashion wise. 

Runner Up (Worst) - Elisabeth Moss

Jason Merritt/Staff

Elisabeth won a Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Mini Series or TV Movie. With that being said, I feel like this was so BORING and dull for someone that was nominated and went on to win. 

My pick for best dressed couple is Matthew McConaughey and Camilla Alves In Dolce & Gabbana. 


#perfection

Other Notes - I think Jennifer Lawrence looked beautiful but very bridal; I did NOT like Heidi Klum's look; Sandra Bullock was a close runner up for worst runner up; I loved Zoe Saldana's dress up top but NOT at the bottom; Aubrey Plaza, love her NOT her dress; Leslie Mann looked STUNNING.

I got most of these pictures over at Buzz Feed. Take a look for more Golden Globes 2014 red carpet fashion!

No comments :

Post a Comment