Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday Snack

Today I thought I would share one of my favorite cheap and easy snack recipes that I found on Pinterest. Those of you that know me know that I am a bit cooking challenged so this is the perfect little snack that packs a punch and impresses without being too hard to execute. 

I first found this recipe through Pinterest on cubcakeproject.com's blog - 

Ingredients

  • 1 can (14 oz) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon or your spice(s) of choice
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

  1. Instructions
  2. Place chickpeas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat.
  1. Bake at 450 F for 30 minutes. (You didn't miss anything here. You don't oil or season them until after they are done. In fact, for an extra healthy treat, try them when they get out of the oven before even adding the oil. They are enjoyable all on their own.)
  1. Transfer chickpeas to a bowl and mix thoroughly with the rest of the ingredients.
  1. Enjoy hot, or bring to room temperature and store in an air-tight container. Like popped corn, the chickpeas are never as good the next day. However, they are still quite enjoyable 3-4 days after making them.

They make the perfect crunchy snack and you can really season them with whatever your little heart desires. Not at our house though...we (read: I. The Mister is a wonderful cook) stick to recipes here. Any sort of creativity with recipes usually spells a burnt disaster! Enjoy!




No comments :

Post a Comment