Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Eating Clean

As I mentioned in my first flob, I am not a clean eater. I carry no guilt towards food so eating a cupcake or three doesn't really affect me...Until my face is breaking out or I am bathing suit shopping...is it me or are the lights in the dressing room so unforgiving?!

Anywho, now that spring/summer is on it's way I am feeling like I need to detox and clean up my eating. So, with a plethora of Pinterest researching and weighing my clean eating options I have decided that I want to start juicing more and (try) to follow a Paleo "diet." I put diet in quotes because I hate that word and what I am doing is more of a lifestyle change to feel better as opposed to a diet to lose weight. I am hoping to gain many more benefits than just weight loss. I also like the Paleo way of eating because I can and have gone without dairy but I don't think I would be able to go without meat.



A lot of the reason why I don't eat clean is because I am such a convenience eater and I am obsessed with eating out. Since I am not willing to part with eating out, I am definitely going to try to get better at cooking at home and use eating out as my "cheat" meals. A few days ago, a Facebook friend posted this link on her page about making "smoothie packs" ahead of time so you aren't cutting up fruits and veggies every morning. It was super helpful and not intimidating so I think I am going to try it out.

Although I don't cook, I do love a crock pot meal. The Mister cooks most of the time but when he is traveling for work, I pretty much use the crock pot for every dinner. So, I was happy to stumble upon this blog post with lots of recipes for Paleo slow cooker freezer meals.

So, we shall see how this all pans out. I am hoping I don't end up in a corner rocking back and fourth eating a bag of Doritos. And I am hoping that putting this all out there will hold me accountable. Stay tuned!

xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment