Monday, May 19, 2014

When I Have Kids I Will Never...

There is a book I read during my pregnancy that changed my entire outlook on parenting. That book is called Bringing Up Bebe - One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting. The book is about an American mother that moves to France and finds that French (European) parenting is far different from American parenting. Not only is parenting different but French mothers associate zero guilt with having their own lives and identifying as a women first and mom second. I recommend this book for any parent.


After I completed the book, I decided to write myself a list. A "remember where you came from" type of list.  I never wanted to be that parent that said "When I have kids I will never..." and then once I had the baby go  back on everything I said. I am proud to say that I have never once gone back on my word. I have followed this list to a tee and I am excited that I can say that. I have referred back to said book/list a few times during this parenting adventure yesterday was one of those days. Not because I was having a hard time, simply because I wanted to read what I wrote after all this time. The Mister and I had a great time laughing at all of my bullet points. Although they are funny, this list is exactly who I am down to the core and I wouldn't have it any other way.

#DateNight

#BeAHotMom & Disney World = check

#PerfectDinnerParties


This last part was written in pencil (after the whole list was written in pen) and it must have been during a time I was worried about my weight...yanno since I ate my family out of house and home when I was pregnant. I am happy to say that present day I never say the "F" word anymore...so I guess that is something else that has changed for the better. 

No comments :

Post a Comment