Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Homemade By A Housewife {Skin Care}

Although I am a product junkie, there is something to be said about simple, homemade body care "products." My skin is always on the drier side in the colder temps so I use a homemade scrub every time I shower. The ingredients consist of olive oil and brown sugar. And that's it...ingredients you can easily find at the dollar store! Disclaimer - If you do use this in the shower, be careful! The oil makes the tub very slippery!

Another thing that is not really a product but more of an at home DIY, is the way I steam my face. I boil a pot of water, put it on a flat surface, put my face over the pot and then put a towel over my head. I haven't done this in a while, so I think I am due for a treatment soon! You can also add essential oils to the water for more of a spa like feel. Disclaimer - BE CAREFUL WITH THE HOT WATER AND HOT POT. 

My mom shared this next tip with me. I believe she saw this on The Talk. Step 1 - Cut a tomato, rub all the juice on your face for and leave it for 1 minute then wash off. Step two - Cut a grape fruit, rub it on you face and leave it on for 3 minutes and then wash off. When I was doing this, my skin looked brighter and more even...for pennies on the dollar!


I also like to rest warm green tea bags on my eyes sometimes...it brings down the puffiness and extracts toxins from your skin.


What are some of your favorite at home skin care remedies?

No comments :

Post a Comment