Monday, September 29, 2014

Motherhood Monday {Why All Moms Are Like Drag Queens}

As all mothers know, every day life with a baby (or two, or three) is not as glamorous as it looks on the mommy blogs. Since Cy's wake up calls usually start around 6am, getting myself ready for the day isn't something that is at the top of my priority list. I stay at home with him, so the thought of wasting a chic outfit, make up and a nice hairstyle just to get food on me, walk to the playground and have snot wiped on me, makes me cringe.

#RealLife (kinda)

With all of that being said, I make sure I am able to "get ready" at least a few times a month. I love being a women and all the sparkly things that come with that, so transforming into the "hot mom" version of myself is something I have so much fun with. But, it got me thinking how much mom's are just like drag queens. We (Or maybe just me) only get dressed up when we get "paid" to do so. Aka we only get dressed up when there are dinner and drinks involved. I think that even working moms, who have to look presentable every day, have drag queen qualities too. You have your work clothes and you have your going out clothes....most likely two very different types of outfits/looks.

#SocialMediaDragQueen

One of these days I am going to film a "Get Ready With Me" YouTube video so y'all can see the transformation....it's a crazy one that takes just about 3(!) hours and sometimes weeks ahead of time to achieve..I mentioned this in a previous blog, but I can do ugly very well. The amount of attention I get (or lack there of) when I am in "mom mode" vs. the attention I get when I am in "drag queen mode" are interesting to say the least.


I have a few beauty vlogs (#flob) planned for the coming weeks plus a ton of Halloween stuff in store for you guys in October!

xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment