Thursday, May 31, 2012

I LOVE UPCYCLING!

I am truly obsessed with finding something for super cheap (and that's old) and turning it into something new. Giving it a new life, if you will. The project today is a dresser for little one's Dr. Seuss inspired nursery.

We found this dresser in our house (an old three family, we found it in the 3rd floor apartment after the tenant moved out) asked out landlord if we could use it (he said of course) and we were on our way to upcycle loveliness!

Of course, I didn't get a picture of it before (I need to get better at that) hubby started stripping the paint off, but it was this ugly green color and had a few scrapes in the wood.

So, here is a picture of the paint being stripped -


I know you can't really see it in the picture, but the reason why I fell in love with this was because it has amazing detail  on the ends of the dresser and the top is big enough for what I like to call "baby needs"....changing table topper, diapers and whatever else the little is going to require. Also, the drawers are nice and deep and have lots of detail on them.

So, I decided that I wanted to paint it grey. The crib is white (and very bright, true white) and I didn't think we could exactly match that color so, grey it was. I also found these fabulous drawer pulls on Etsy..very Seussian if I do say so myself!


And, without further ado....the finished product! --


The Mister did an amazing job and I think it came out perfectly. It really is a gorgeous piece of furniture!

Next stop, finishing the nursery and designing my outdoor space..I had an idea in mind for my outdoor space but I just watched an episode of Nate Berkus that inspired me beyond my original idea..I am going to try and design it for under $100...I will keep you updated!!! <3

No comments :

Post a Comment